Saturday, March 6, 2010

soouuulll train!!

I hardly watch TV anymore. I have a selected few of shows I'll watch - then I'll tune out to something else...

BUT lately I've turned to TV One, Centric, and even Showtime - they've been playing a lot of shows and movies from the 80's-early 90's. Some had a lot of bad acting, but I honestly think I keep watching to see what they're wearing. Some of my favorite shows are from 80's early 90's - A Different World, Martin, The Cosby Show..  (when I add things up, this is odd because I was born in '87 - I've seen every episode of Martin and The Cosby show..a lot of re-runs...)


ANYWHO!! I was flipping through channels and Soul Train was on. Aside from laughing at them get-ting-DOWN like-it-was-no-ones-bus-i-ness!!! LOL- I loved so much of what they were wearing. I spotted so many pieces that I really liked (females & males) - give or take some of the extraness going on. I sat and watched like 4 episodes. Even the one's that were coming on from the 70's: PURE COMEDY.

It was also good to see people like Rick James, Teena Marie, Chaka Khan (she was so baadd), James Brown, Jackson 5,  and others perform back then.

- These videos don't get my point across as much as I wanted [as far as what they were wearing] but I'm sure you'll have a laugh or two:




No comments:

Post a Comment